Sunday, June 30, 2024

statement of intent

 In my work, I intend to use the four areas of the media theoretical framework to communicate in representation, audience, industry, and language. I am planning to use a traditional 80s indie rock look from the 80s/90s magazines, using dull and black colors. My model is going to be wearing the stereotypical clothes that indie rock bands wear e.g., shorts, vest tops, flannels. This will be targeted towards a young audience between the ages of 16-25 that listen to indie rock music, my magazine will target them because the model will be young showing them a new artist with the front cover being indie rock theme. The model will be doing stereotypical poses and wearing stereotypical clothing, showing the theme well. The concept values will be about supporting new artists to promote their music starting there Carrer off. The model I am using will use stereotypical posses to create the meaning of the indie rock music, the camerawork will be lower/head on shots showing a fun but serious look; by doing this it will show the targeted audience the genre they are looking for because of how the pictures will be taken and the angle they are taken at.  

In my website I intend to link my media products to demonstrate my knowledge and understanding of the digitally convergent of my media production by keeping the color scheme similar to my magazine to show that they are made and produced by the same company, my website will include a video montage from festivals and concerts to show what it is like to go to one. The website will also have a section where you can buy the new and older released magazines as well as merch, all of this will attract the targeted audience because it will show the genre of music they listen to and if they have seen the magazine they will want to view the website to see if there is anything more. The pages on the website will be merchandise they can buy, previous magazines they can view and buy, concert tickets they can buy for the music artist. I will be using social media platforms such as Instagram to promote the website and products. The visual elements will keep the audience hooked through the colors used and the video montage that i will put together, the pictures from the photoshoot with the same model e.c.t.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

statement of intent

  In my work, I intend to use the four areas of the media theoretical framework to communicate in representation, audience, industry, and l...